Ingredients for Easy Vegan Cauliflower Steak Recipe
This recipe yields approximately 4 to 6 cauliflower steaks, depending on the size of your head of cauliflower. Plan on one steak per person minimum along with any other dishes you serve.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower.
- Cut the stem off the bottom so the head will sit level, but leave the core intact.
- Rinse the head in cold water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Set the head on a cutting board with the cut-side down and use a large knife to cut it in half.
- Slice as many 3/4-inch thick "steaks" from each half as you can. Break any remaining cauliflower into bite-size pieces to cook with your steaks.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) and brush it with olive oil.
- Brush each cauliflower steak with a little olive oil and lightly dust with seasoning salt. Place the seasoned sides down on the baking sheet and prepare the top sides just as you did the bottoms. Also brush the cauliflower pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Place the pieces around the steaks.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use a spatula to transfer the steaks and pieces to serving plates. Serve with quinoa, mac and cheese or polenta.