Ingredients for Vegan Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly mix flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut coconut oil into flour mixture, and use your fingers to massage it in.
- Add the soy milk to the flour mixture, and stir until dough is thick and soft. Knead dough with your hands if needed.
- Form dough into a ball, and place on a floured surface.
- Roll dough into a 10- by 15-inch rectangle.
- Brush dough with melted coconut oil, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 15-inch log, and use a sharp, serrated knife to cut into 15 1-inch slices.
- Place rolls in a greased baking dish, and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven, and place on a metal cooling rack.
- While cinnamon rolls are cooling, combine powdered sugar and soy milk.
- Beat powdered sugar frosting until thoroughly combined, then spoon over cooled cinnamon rolls. Serves 15.