This article offers a free lacto vegetarian diet plan and tips on how to follow this healthy vegetarian lifestyle.
The Meaning of Lacto Vegetarian
A vegetarian who chooses to eat dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt, but does not consume eggs, meat, or meat products is considered a lacto vegetarian. Some individuals choose to follow a lacto vegetarian diet for health reasons, ethical reasons, or religious purposes.
Free Lacto Vegetarian Diet Plan
There are many food products and companies on the market today that cater to the vegetarian diet. In fact, today more than ever before, vegetarians have a plethora of high-quality, tasty meat alternatives.
Below are a few sample vegetarian meal ideas for those looking for a free lacto vegetarian diet plan.
Sample Breakfast Menu Options
Consider these simple and delicious breakfast ideas for your meat-free diet.
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito - In a small skillet, "scramble" some chopped tofu with salt, pepper, a small amount of salsa, and cheese. Serve in a tortilla for a tasty Mexican-inspired breakfast treat.
- Yogurt Parfait - Mix eight ounces of plain nonfat yogurt with fresh fruit or berries of your choice. Top with a quarter cup of granola or your favorite cereal for a crunch.
- Creamy Oatmeal - For a quick breakfast, whip up a batch of oatmeal and add one-quarter cup of milk or cream. Stir until the oatmeal is thick and creamy. Top with fresh raspberries for a real treat.
Sample Lunch Menu Options
Here are three easy lunch ideas for a healthy diet on the go.
- Avocado Sandwich - Scoop out a ripe avocado, and spread the "meat" on two slices of your favorite bread. Top with a slice of cheese and fresh vegetables, like tomatoes, romaine lettuce, bean sprouts, and sliced red onions. Serve with a side of fruit and yogurt.
- Frozen Vegetarian Entrée - There are many frozen entrée brands on the market that cater specifically to vegetarians. Try meals from brands like Amy's or Morningstar Farms. Pair your frozen meal with a piece of fresh fruit or a serving of vegetables, like carrot sticks or celery.
- Fresh Vegetable Salad - Sometimes, there's nothing better than a big salad full of your favorite vegetables and even fruits. Consider mixing sweet and savory flavors, like romaine lettuce, shredded mozzarella, carrots, ginger, and raisins. For protein, add kidney beans.
Sample Dinner Menu Options
Try these three delicious options.
- Spaghetti and "Meat"balls - Cook your favorite pasta per directions. (Tip: Most packaged pasta doesn't contain eggs, but check the ingredients list just to be sure.) Combine a jar of tomato sauce with fresh veggies like chopped bell peppers and carrots. Purchase pre-made vegetarian faux meatballs or make your own from tempeh, a popular vegetarian meat alternative. Serve with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese and garlic bread.
- Cabbage Soup - If you are trying to lose weight, cabbage soup is a fantastic and tasty way to warm your belly without racking up the calories. There are a variety of ways to make cabbage soup, but most contain simple ingredients like cabbage, vegetable stock, mixed vegetables, and spices.
- Grilled Tofu Steaks - A few hours before you plan to grill, soak sliced tofu steaks in your favorite salad dressing or marinade. Then grill the steaks along with your favorite veggies, like asparagus and corn on the cob.
Sample Snack Ideas
The following foods are snack ideas for a lacto vegetarian diet.
- Cereal with milk
- Peanut-butter sandwich
- Fruit and yogurt
- Carrot sticks and almond butter
- Granola bars
- Cheese sticks
Lacto vegetarian diets are a great way to eat ethically and cleanly without feeling deprived.