Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium-high until it shimmers.
- Add the onion, carrot, fennel, celery, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Add the red wine. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with the side of a spoon. Cook, stirring, until the wine thickens, about one minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, potatoes, lentils, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the parsley if desired.
© 2022 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.