When you're following a vegan diet and are in the mood to grill, it's important to have the right vegan grilling recipes on hand. Below are a variety of tofu, seitan, and fruit grilled recipes your friends and family are sure to adore.
1. Grilled Lemon Coconut Tofu Kabobs
If you're seeking a colorful protein-rich recipe that makes an excellent low-carb meal or appetizer, consider this simple grilled tofu kabobs crowd pleaser.
- 1 12-ounce package firm tofu
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion (for garnish)
- Cut tofu into bit-sized cubes.
- Mix together marinade (coconut milk, lemon juice, olive oil and seasonings) in a small bowl.
- Add tofu, and refrigerate tofu and marinade mixture for two hours.
- Thread tofu on kabobs with cherry tomatoes (as pictured). Place three tofu bites in each skewer.
- Grill over low heat for about 10 minutes (until tofu is golden), brushing excess marinade on skewers as needed. Rotate skewers every 1 to 2 minutes when grilling.
- Garnish with green onions.
Servings: 4 kabobs
2. Grilled Seitan Tacos
Seitan can taste just as delicious as red meat in tacos when choosing this mouth-watering grilled dish.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jalapeno chilis
- 1 pound chicken-style seitan
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Blend all marinade ingredients (everything except seitan, pepper, onions and tortillas) in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add seitan to marinade, and let it soak overnight.
- Grill seitan over medium heat (brush with extra marinade every few minutes while grilling) for about 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until brown.
- Add onions and peppers to the grill and cook several minutes on each side
- Heat tortillas on the grill for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Place seitan and veggies in tortillas, wrap them up, and enjoy!
Servings: about 4
3. Grilled Spiced Peaches
Serve this sweet treat as a vegan side dish or dessert.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 fresh peaches (halved)
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Brush peaches with oil.
- Grill peaches on medium-high heat for several minutes on each side.
- Top with additional oil and spices.
Servings: about 6
Grilled Vegan Tofu Pizza
In the mood for healthy, vegan-style pizza? This vegan tofu recipe surely won't disappoint.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 3 cups flour
- 2 ounces fast-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Combine yeast, flour, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil and water and knead for about 5 minutes (until well combined).
- Allow dough to sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough onto a pizza pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes (until slightly brown).
- Let the dough cool.
- Brush the bottom of the dough with olive oil.
- Brush the top of the dough with balsamic vinegar.
- Top with pesto sauce, spinach, tofu, red peppers, and vegan cheese.
- Grill your pizza (covered) on medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and your crust is crispy.
Servings: about 4
Grilled vegan recipes don't have to be dull and boring. Simply choose a variety of unique animal-free recipes to spice things up, meet your nutritional needs, and impress dinner party friends and family.