Ingredients for Vegan Nachos
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and sliced in 1/2-inch ovals
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced in thin slivers
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon dairy free sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potato slices in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Spread over baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- While sweet potato slices are baking, heat a saute pan on medium high. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once slightly bubbling, add onions and cook until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- In the saute pan, stir in black beans, garlic powder, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Remove potatoes from oven and spread on a platter. Top with beans, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro, nutritional yeast, and a dollop of sour cream.
To add more protein to these delicious vegan nachos, consider adding tofu, pinto beans, or cooked seitan. Other topping options include jalapenos, peppers, red onion, salsa, olives, radishes, or a cashew-based queso sauce.