Ingredients for Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and peanut butter together until well combined.
- Add the baking soda and applesauce and mix until combined.
- Add the cup of flour and beat until it's mixed in. The texture of natural peanut butter can vary from one brand to the next, so add the extra two tablespoons of flour if the dough seems too soft or oily.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into approximately 1-inch size balls and place them about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press each ball with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cookies begin to turn golden. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before moving them to a baking rack to finish cooling.
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 dozen cookies and can easily be doubled for a larger batch.